Dr. Geertz offers both traditional and Suzuki-based instruction for violin and viola in Houston, TX. Students of all ages and backgrounds from age 4 (sometimes younger) to adult are welcome! To find out more about the Suzuki philosophy, check out my Suzuki page and the SAA website: https://suzukiassociation.org.
Parents of Suzuki students should plan to attend lessons, take notes and/or videos, and practice daily with their child. The time you spend together will be vital to musical progress and provide a creative outlet for a shared activity!
Private lessons will be held weekly:
Lessons should be paid for in advance monthly, due at the first lesson of the month.
Beginners: half-hour lessons
Intermediate: 45 minutes
Advanced: hour lessons
30 minutes – $35
45 minutes – $52.50
60 minutes – $70
Group classes – $15
The cancellation policy is based a few premises:
1. A consistent weekly schedule maximizes the learning potential for each student.
2. Results from discipline and commitment to learning a musical instrument include a high rate of progress and valuable life skills.
3. Respect for my time ensures that I can continue to be focused and excited to teach.
Allowing for flexibility, please follow these policies:
- Absences due to illness, vacation, or scheduling conflicts are permissible as long as the teacher is notified 24 hours in advance (or as soon as possible in the case of illness) by text, email, or phone.
- Lessons that are cancelled less than 24 hours in advance are rescheduled at my discretion. I want to see everyone regularly, but sometimes I am unable to reschedule on short notice. If a lesson is cancelled less than 24 hours in advance and I am unable to reschedule it, it still needs to be paid for.
- If I need to reschedule lessons I will let you know at the earliest possible opportunity.
I do my best to start and end lessons at their appointed times. Latecomers should not expect extra time. I understand that occasionally, traffic and external events make promptness impossible; however regular tardiness not only wastes money but sets an example for students that it is acceptable.
Instrument rental or purchase is the responsibility of the parent. Please do not order or buy one until your child has been measured! Incorrect sizing can make improvement elusive. There are many inexpensive violins and violas available, however, the majority of these are poorly constructed and should not be considered suitable.
I prefer to correspond through email and to have everything in writing. Please send email to: email@example.com and allow 2 business days for a response. I can also be reached via phone or text at 720-320-4353. This is my personal phone; please do not contact me before 9:30am or after 9:30pm.